Gas mileage w/ 6.5" lift and 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koapono23

Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of gas mileage you lifted guys are getting?

My current truck gets about 15 so Im pretty used to ****** gas...but Im thinking of sellin it and get another 95-98 Silverado and lift it. Just trying to see if its about the same or how much worse than what I get right now.

Also how do 35s do with stock gears?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
35s on stock 3.73s I'd expect 8-10 on a good day, with 4.56s I'd expect 11-12, but that is just a ball park figure as there's a lot of variables.

Edit: Welcome to the site, where might have I seen your renderings before? They look really familiar, great work btw.

Koapono23

Reaction score
35s on stock 3.73s I'd expect 8-10 on a good day, with 4.56s I'd expect 11-12, but that is just a ball park figure as there's a lot of variables.

Edit: Welcome to the site, where might have I seen your renderings before? They look really familiar, great work btw.

Thanks for the info. Would a higher gear than the 4.56 be a little better or would that be too high? Ive tried researching about gears and it seems like theres just a balance you have to find.

Typically most of my work is on StreetSource.com or Facebook so Im not sure where all else you might of seen them. Thanks again

motor has alot to do with milage also,
cant expect 30mpg out of a big 4wd

Did I say I was hoping to get better gas mileage than what I get now at 15? No. Im just wondering if I can get as much now, but if not how much lower would I be looking at.

From all the ones Ive been looking at it seems like the 5.7 is the most common motor in the K1500s.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Would a higher gear than the 4.56 be a little better or would that be too high? Ive tried researching about gears and it seems like theres just a balance you have to find.

Typically most of my work is on StreetSource.com or Facebook so Im not sure where all else you might of seen them. Thanks again

Did I say I was hoping to get better gas mileage than what I get now at 15? No. Im just wondering if I can get as much now, but if not how much lower would I be looking at.

From all the ones Ive been looking at it seems like the 5.7 is the most common motor in the K1500s.

A higher gear will help if your doing mostly highway driving, which in turn keeps your RPMs lower at high speed but it takes more gas/power to get moving from a stop or any other acceleration. So if you see a mostly or more than I'd say 40% stop and go you need a lower gear but if you do more than 60% highway then I would go with higher than 4.56 on a 35.

Most k1500 4x4 were given the 5.7 but don't forget that most of them are getting older and have higher mileage so the less mechanical stress the longer both the drive train will last.

I think Tony's comment was directed at me, my numbers probably seem a little high but with right gearing, a lighter tire, and good driving it's not impossible to do with a 5.7L on 35s.

Koapono23

Reaction score
A higher gear will help if your doing mostly highway driving, which in turn keeps your RPMs lower at high speed but it takes more gas/power to get moving from a stop or any other acceleration. So if you see a mostly or more than I'd say 40% stop and go you need a lower gear but if you do more than 60% highway then I would go with higher than 4.56 on a 35.

Most k1500 4x4 were given the 5.7 but don't forget that most of them are getting older and have higher mileage so the less mechanical stress the longer both the drive train will last.

I think Tony's comment was directed at me, my numbers probably seem a little high but with right gearing, a lighter tire, and good driving it's not impossible to do with a 5.7L on 35s.

I'd say majority of my driving is highway. I mostly take highways since I live on the outside of the city. Most roads out here are 55mph with few street lights plus turnpikes and highways/interstates. Usually I granny my truck though. Thanks for all the help Butch.

And lol @ tony I think he got mad

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have about the same numbers with my 92. 3.73's and 35'd was around 9 and 4.56 was 11 sometimes can get 13 in summer with decent driving. Also have TBI mods, cam, intake and tune.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i doubt this helps any at all but stock with stock gears and everything my truck can get up to 17 hwy on a cold day