GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha gotta love the wife, I go in the kitchen to get something to drink and find this pic on the side of the fridge, guess she put it on there waiting to see how long it'd take before I noticed. This was back in 2010 up at lake siskiyou. Tried to get closer pic but got blurry up close.

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
The tires look super small on it! Truck looks good though. Crazy to think back 7 years, I had no cell phone, no truck for another 4 years, seems like my life was lame back then lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So hypothetically let's say instead of keeping a stock motor forever I want a dif engine. Something with some good power, still able to tow some weight, nothing super heavy and still decent mileage. I kno everyone will say ls but I'm kinda liking the lc9 in the new burb. And there's alot of variations of the ls so what do you guys think?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Gen4 ls engine all the way if you dont mind changing the cam and lifters and paying a little more. Gen 4s will hold more power if you decide you wany more later on.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stripped the rest of the hood and wire wheeled it then sanded with 80 grit and did the hood hinges as well.
So question to anyone who paints or has painted a vehicle. Do i lay down a coat of primer then Bondo the dents then another coat of primer or do I lay the Bondo down on bare metal? Also should I keep it sanded to 80 grit or go up a couple grits?

On a non truck note it's gotta be a Halloween sign when I find I bat in my shop. Tiny lil thing

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stripped the rest of the hood and wire wheeled it then sanded with 80 grit and did the hood hinges as well.
So question to anyone who paints or has painted a vehicle. Do i lay down a coat of primer then Bondo the dents then another coat of primer or do I lay the Bondo down on bare metal? Also should I keep it sanded to 80 grit or go up a couple grits?

On a non truck note it's gotta be a Halloween sign when I find I bat in my shop. Tiny lil thing

I do primer to seal the surface then Bondo and primer again.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I had thought but being my first time doin paint, an lot more of this truck, I like to get advice.
Any thought on the sanding?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so first off I DNT advise anyone to do what I did, with that said I moved the 94 today by jacking up the front end, backing a flatbed trailer underneath as far as the tranny then strapped it and used the burb to pull it all. Then used an engine hoist to lift it up so I could pull the trailer out from under it. Not safest or best way but needed it moved. Wind storm ripped couple sheets of corrugated metal off the lean to. Also since it's moved I can work around it easier. Thinking abt pulling bed off so I can do the rear of the frame with bedliner. Dnt worry it's now on jackstands supported by a 2x6 thats abt 5-6 ft long so they're not on the dirt.

Trying to do as much as I can without spending a lot right now

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Looks like you're ready for a solid axle with that front end looking the way it is!