GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't worked on the truck lately but the wife was going through photos and found one of the truck back when we owned it the first time. I remember that day cause the next like 3-4 days the belt was squealing cause all the mud ha good times doing doughnuts back behind the local walmart but it was freezing that day I think like 40. Makes me more motivated to get it back up an running
You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Behind the Safeway up here is like a big mud bog. I personally have never drove through it but I see people getting busted 24/7 come snow season lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing big but was able to take apart, sand down, prime and coat the front core support with some Bedliner. So some progress is being made..slowly. The new burb is takin my truck spending money so it's gunna be slower process but it'll still get done. Plus hunting season is coming to an end on Sunday so ill have the weekends. Weather is supposed to go back up the 90s next week so hopefully i can spray the firewall, fender wells, and inside of the fenders.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In progress of sanding the hood and noticed a good sized dent, tried to get it back aligned and for the most part it's even but still dented and i can't hammer from the back side. Ran out of sanding paper so not all the way finished and I'm thinking abt picking up some stripper to do the underside then sandblast as much as I can.
Before

After using hammer an dolly, btw I've never done any type of body work

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So since it decided to be in mid 90s today I picked up some more bed liner, paint stripper, acetone, degreaser, and sanding discs. Coated the firewall and one of the fenderwells since it was already prepped and sitting in middle of the shop. Gunna sand the rest of the hood tomoro if I get time. I think it came out alright for what it is, in the pic the color looks lil off but it was still wet and now that it's dry it's better

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I dig the bedliner idea. I've never done body work but I'm sure I will have to at some point!

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, you're living up to your signature. That is some awesome work! Wonder how hot it was up there today. It was 107 here in San Diego.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So far only did one coat of stripper on the hood an low on sand to blast it so I'm thinking abt using wire wheel. Used some wire wheels for the front sway bar, centerlink and battery tray. Sprayed the centerlink an sway with couple coats of flat black high temp an the battery tray with the bed coating. Oh also lightly went over the body mount plates to make sure they weren't to rusted out

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just couple pics from the other stuff I've painted and i wire wheeled a little bit of the hood but starting feeling crappy so gunna do another coat of stripper then hit it again.