GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you come across any decent baja suspension kits for these models?

Funny you ask. I've actually been thinkin abt doing some baja/prerunner changes but dnt think I'll do it to this truck. Maybe another c1500 project in few years ill build a prerunner. Anyways I've looked an seen a couple companies that make em but most of the good set ups are custom made. Most are just lift and they call em long arm travel lots but they're not. I'll end up doin custom rear end link setup with coil overs and fab some new control arms that are cross braced but who knows, my plans can change almost weekly with project ideas. I've got a few ideas I'd like to do

yeehoo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. looking for street feel over any terrain. Lizard suspension. Have you ever seen a lizard kick it into high gear across any terrain?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so haven't done anything to truck besides organize the parts mess I had going. But got an idea. Has anyone taken a Chevy grille and cut out the center section to fit a light bar there? I've seen some put them behind the grille or top and bottom but to avoid air flow I thought that center section would work pretty good.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so haven't done anything to truck besides organize the parts mess I had going. But got an idea. Has anyone taken a Chevy grille and cut out the center section to fit a light bar there? I've seen some put them behind the grille or top and bottom but to avoid air flow I thought that center section would work pretty good.
I haven't seen that done before, but you'd essentially be making the grille into a gmc grille. Try it behind a gmc maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't seen that done before, but you'd essentially be making the grille into a gmc grille. Try it behind a gmc maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was thinking the chevy grille since it already has that cross piece. Not talkin abt cutting it out completely, more of cutting just a portion of it to fit a light bar into the cross

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so did some work on the truck taking more stuff off and I'm in need of some help. Wire connection going into the cab on passenger side just under the overflow and next to some of the heater hoses. How the hell do i get that thing apart? I've got it unscrewed but can't tell if the wires disconnect or what

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got that plug out and sanded down part of the firewall and sprayed with self etch primer just need to do the drivers side now then figure out what color for top coat, thinking just doing black that way dnt waste money on good paint only to get grease an oil on it at some point

Well in the process of removing that plug from the firewall I think I kinda went over board and ended up with this

...took entire dash out... I was planning on repainting it from the black to more of Brown like the door panel in the pic buuttttt now wondering abt swapping dash for 96 and up and now looking at dakota digital gauges. I think I have a addiction to adding more stuff to my to do list:badidea:... how hard is a dash swap?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I gotta wait to order some parts due to funds going low unexpectedly, oldest son fell in the kitchen and busted his chin open so spent 5 hours in the hospital for 3 stitches and a $800 bill. He did just half hour after all the walk in clinics closed so forced to go We. He's good and tough just would not stop bleeding.
Anyways I decided since I've got some supplies on hand already I'd start stripping the paint off the fenders.

Took a couple recoats and found out someone had hammered the inner lip and made it roll in so I kinda beat it back out.

Then used a sander and some 80 grir to get some of the rest but was hot and hungry so I'll pick it up tomorrow. If anybody has any tips on body work or prepping for paint id appreciate it, this is first time doing any body work and will be first time painting a vehicle.