GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought abt that but I'm also thinking of red head gear box and either a hydraulic steering or some type of stabilizer Idk yet. Ya north of me will probably get it, krcr says possibly the size of pinp pong balls but i doubt it'll be that bad here. According to their mapping it'll be more towards Burney an north 89

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a piece of plywood to throw underneath the wheels of the Hoist. Usually 3/8 is enough but you might want 1/2 just in case.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't made up my mind yet but did get ahold of a engine company that makes Ca smog legal 350s and got quote for completely brand new plug and play engine with steel crankshaft and arp bolts with 5yr 50k warranty. But price is gunna be $3025 plus our 7 something percent tax. Really interested in it cause it's new everything top to bottom.
Besides that the current block got stripped down earlier and found out that my rod bearings had some huge scratches in them so it was only a matter of time before they went to.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I think you could probably get away with a stock 350 tbi block, mount vortec heads, then get one of those intake manifolds that allow you to use a TBI with the vortec heads. I don't think our smog will think of any difference with vortec heads and they make good power I think!

A guy on the Reno CL is selling one for $200, I'm tempted to pick it up just to keep it around. https://reno.craigslist.org/pts/d/gm-performance-vortec-tbi/6256162962.html

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't done to much on the truck lately, been busy with house stuff an tomorrow is my oldest son's first day of kindergarten. But I am in the process of converting the old chicken house into a parts storage as well as somewhere I can clean parts and respray some things, it's 8x20 so I've got some decent space.but I have partially sprayed some of the front frame with an acid primer to see how it would turn out

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So decided some of my plans are gunna change. Nothing big but was thinking abt picking up an air compressor and sand blaster and blasting the frame and taking the truck down to just primer and redoing the paint job but got to many things going on to afford those right now. So gunna wait on that and just work on the rest of it an in time ill blow it all apart and full repaint then. For now I degreased the front and thanks to our water heater going out couple months ago I picked up a portable water heater and used that to get alot of grease off pretty good. Then resprayed with more acid primer and ill start ordering some parts soon.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wellll...bought something an its hiding in the truck... abt 5ft couple hundred lbs

Yup its air. Wife made the decision and told me to get it. Ha. Noe just gotta wire it up sometime this week so a trip to home depot soon.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wellll...bought something an its hiding in the truck... abt 5ft couple hundred lbs

Yup its air. Wife made the decision and told me to get it. Ha. Noe just gotta wire it up sometime this week so a trip to home depot soon.
I'm jealous...been wanting to buy a nice 60 gallon compressor for a while now.

yeehoo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you come across any decent baja suspension kits for these models?