GarrettGmc's 94 ecsb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Z71Hobbs the roof pieces kinda slide an pop up and off. You push/pull up on the rear and then slide the entire thing backwards, the front and rear connectors stay in place while the other 3 will either slide along or pop out of the piece, little hard to explain but if u look at the photos it may help, the front and rear connectors inside of that piece are like a keyhole.

Got one window out, had to drill the screw, but it's more getting the window frames out, yup I'm going that far, also need to remove front and rear windows and get the guts out of the doors.

The paint, I guess I would called it a two tone but technically it's cuz I'm gunna bed liner the bottom and the rest of the truck will be the other color.

Thought abt sas but like said if i do that it'll be a while, if not that just means I have a reason to buy another truck:D

Gavin u must've seen somewhere me posting ?s abt the trans. Yup my idea is a t56, I'm not gunna be hauling alot and I've been itching for a manual an I like the idea of having 6 speeds to get some awesome mpg but same time i can down shift and gun it. Might as well let cat out of bag on motor to. Yup some type of ls, whatever I choose it has to come out of another truck from same weight class. Good ole cal. I'm leaning towards 07 and up and either the lm7 cast iron from a Silverado or an aluminum lc9 that's in my 14 burb, both of which can eventually run..uhh.. twin turbo.. who knows.

I gotta find me a wrecked truck and then find the trans somewhere, new is abt 3.5k, which is why ill be finding a spare tbi to run until I get the motor I want.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took another pic of those pieces to help show how they work.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I can't even remember but I still think you should go full on two tone like @Z71Hobbs truck. Always loved those two tones!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got the ext windows out then broke the frame apart to get them out, they were both already cracked and one had household glue shoved in. Now for the windshield an rear glass. I picked up 100lbs of sand media so I'll blast some more of the frame if I can today.

Ya I like the 2 tone but just wouldn't look right with the color I'm doing, the bed lined lower with look better, an it's it gunna be green like I first thought abt, love that drag green but common an I want something that's a bit different then the rest

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
100lbs of sand media gone within an hour ha. As u can see I used my hoist to help blast the bottom of the frame, now off to use watever amount of bedliner I got left.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got most of the frame coated, really need to just buy a spray gun and a gallon of the bed liner instead of individual cans. An I need to sand an spray the trans crossmember.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Excellent progress Cody!! I think I'm determined to pull my crew to the frame since I need to do fab work for the engine crossmember anyway. And tucking the Dana 70 axle under the front.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, your progress has inspired me. We used a 55 gallon barrel full of media, so I don't think sand blasting mine will take near as long!

Thanks man, ya I've only got a 20gal plus I only bought 10 gal, at $35 for 50lbs I was trying to buy just enough, an my compressor is just a little low on power for constant blasting, might have to upgrade it.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Thanks man, ya I've only got a 20gal plus I only bought 10 gal, at $35 for 50lbs I was trying to buy just enough, an my compressor is just a little low on power for constant blasting, might have to upgrade it.

We're all packed up for the winter, but I believe we get our media in 1000LB bags. We have the 55gal drum up on a stand and use it as a hopper for the blaster tank, which makes it a really smooth process. Just a bit annoying because we blast outside so we have to pack it up every night.