gap between box and cab cab mounts cause this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so on my 1994 RCSB my gap at the top of the box and cab is narrow and at the bottom of the cab and box its a lot wider almost over 1/2 of an in of difference and is getting worse. However, the body lines are still pretty close to being lined up properly. Any ideas ????

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Could be all sorts of issues. I bet if you put masking tape on the line you would see an obvious issue where one is lower than the other.

Could be bad rear cab mounts, either the rubber degraded or rust.

Could be someone beat the truck like a rented mule and jumped it, and the frame is bent.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be all sorts of issues. I bet if you put masking tape on the line you would see an obvious issue where one is lower than the other.

Could be bad rear cab mounts, either the rubber degraded or rust.

Could be someone beat the truck like a rented mule and jumped it, and the frame is bent.

i will post pictures tomorrow but i dont think the frame was bent being i owned it the last 5 years and it seemed to happen over the last year or so it started to notice it. its wierd because the drivers side is fine but the passengers is bad

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it helps the truck was in a accident in 2013 a mercury sable hit me in the box side but we had it and everything checked out. I noticed it the begging of this spring and now it seems worse

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are in the rust belt have you gotten underneath and taken a good look at the frame. These trucks are prone to frame rust where the roads get salted. The outside of the frame may look ok but look up inside and under the rails for bends or bulges.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are in the rust belt have you gotten underneath and taken a good look at the frame. These trucks are prone to frame rust where the roads get salted. The outside of the frame may look ok but look up inside and under the rails for bends or bulges.
alright will do i hope its cab mounts lol

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is the same way. Owned it since new and it's been babied. Cab mounts are mint and there's no rust. Seems to be getting worse as the years pass. Also notice every other 400 I see is the same way and am suspecting frame sag is a genetic trait in these trucks.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

the passenger body mount

frame

theimage bellow is the drivers side

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
In the 'middle' picture, the cab mount doesn't look healthy at all, it appears as if the bolt is bent as well. ( could be camera lens distortion )

I'd obtain a pair and set about changing them. If you don't feel comfortable with that task, perhaps taking it to a body shop would be your next best bet.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i talked to a body shop about it they said to replace all 4 it would run me $200 or so for parts and labor. The truck is under storage until spring, but i will have to wait until then to have them look at it and truly diagnose it. it hasnt seen salt in 3 years want to keep it that way lol