Full roller rockers....but which brand for long term?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I want to put full rollers on my 98 5.7L. I know the only time GM used full rollers from the factory was the LT4 with cranes gold rockers and an adjusted knock sensor for the rocker noise. That was 20+years ago, everything has changed. Crane's gold rockers still the ones everyone uses? I've always been a comp cams fan, have magnum roller tips on my 388 stroker for 15yrs now no issues. How do the comp full rollers do? Does everyone change to the LT4 knock sensor as well or another alternative?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If I had to do it again, I'd do either the Crane or GM rockers. Narrow body doesn't interfere with the valve cover trusses. I ended up having to trim mine to run the Crane Pro Magnum chromoly rockers, but I bought those for peace of mind. They're nice and quiet FWIW.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I wanted Crane Golds for my L31 buildup but they were backordered for months. I've had zero issues out of the narrow body 1.6:1 full roller "Made in USA" Scorpions that went in as a substitute.