Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTNZ

Reaction score
Yeah, my 93 is dependant on oil pressure to keep the pump going after the initial 15 seconds or so when you turn the key on.
I would imagine a 92 would be the same.
The oil pressure sender unit can go bad and could stop the pump at low pressure like idle! Does the oil pressure gauge fluctuate?

FSU TONY

Reaction score
It turned out to be the fuel pump even though it was running! After changing the relay, rebuilding the pressure regulator, changing the oil pressure switch. Internally the pump was allowing most of the fuel to return to the tank with not enough pressure so would get only the initial surge. Yes if I would have had a pressure gauge I would have saved an entire day of running around so turns out to be a garage question all along. Buy a pressure gauge. I think it was hearing the pump running and just the thought of having to replace that pump for no reason made me biased towards all other symptoms. Luckily I didn't mess anything else up as its running like a charm again after sucking it up and going through the ordeal of changing the pump. Its a royal pain! Thanks everyone for the suggestions