Fuel pump/gas gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgiaMudCow

Reaction score
replaced fuel pump on 95 5.7. Gas gauge is pegged full. Everything went smoothly with the install. Had to cut and splice the wire connector cuz the new one came with a different style plug. No big deal. Matched the colors up and done. I’m thinking the wires and backwards. There’s 4 colors purple, gray, black, black w/white stripe. All are matched up correctly.

Question: which wires are for the gas gauge so I can switch them?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
replaced fuel pump on 95 5.7. Gas gauge is pegged full. Everything went smoothly with the install. Had to cut and splice the wire connector cuz the new one came with a different style plug. No big deal. Matched the colors up and done. I’m thinking the wires and backwards. There’s 4 colors purple, gray, black, black w/white stripe. All are matched up correctly.

Question: which wires are for the gas gauge so I can switch them?
That may be your issue... did it come with the instructions? If it had a new design plug there will be a wire diagram. Even though they where the same color doesn't mean they matched up that way..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk