Front wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok guys so i just had moog ball joints put on my truck. I also had a 3" lift put on. The front is only 2" lifted but anyway my drivers side front wheel when its on the ground has no visible damage. The ball joints still appear good and everything but i can grab the top of the front wheel and push it toward the middle of the truck and for some reason it has play. Not much but enough to raise a question. So any way what do yall think is wrong? Its only been about 2 weeks since it had ball joints and the lift installed

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there no play when jacked up? You may have to have someone move it in and out while you look from the backside. Bad wheel bearings, Bad or improperly installed ball joints or control arm bushings or a rim not seated on the hub are what could cause the in and out movement.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is the wheel bearing (hub assem) it will have play side to side as well as in and out. If it only has play one way probably not the bearing.