Front Wheel Bearing Replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK, I need some help. I've got a front wheel bearing going out. Am I not able to punch out the races and pull the bearings and replace with new?? Do I have to replace the entire hub assembly?? I can't find the bearings and races for the front. Any help??

1997 K1500 4x4 5.7L ext cab Silverado trim

Thanks

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I need some help. I've got a front wheel bearing going out. Am I not able to punch out the races and pull the bearings and replace with new?? Do I have to replace the entire hub assembly?? I can't find the bearings and races for the front. Any help??

Thanks

So man but you have to replace the hub

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
It's easier to buy the assembly. I found A/C Delco's from Rock Auto back in December(?) that I just put on along with Cardone :gasp: axle shafts two weeks ago. Try and get the axle seals too. I reused the old ones but the rubber lip is about 1/8th of an inch short of making contact with the axle shaft..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Thanks
GMT400 4x4's = unitized bearing/hub assembly, replace assembly.

Richard

aleebee156

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's easier to buy the assembly. I found A/C Delco's from Rock Auto back in December(?) that I just put on along with Cardone :gasp: axle shafts two weeks ago. Try and get the axle seals too. I reused the old ones but the rubber lip is about 1/8th of an inch short of making contact with the axle shaft..

That AC Delco hub is pricey. Was gonna go with the MOOG part. Good advice on the axle seals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
haha oh no, I opted for the "Little Jim" model by going with the Cardone's. I think the A/C Delco's were going for $350 a pop. Cardone's were maybe $99? I forgot since I ordered them all last year and was too lazy to work on the truck then.