Front "sway bar" end link replacement issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
If mine break again, I might go to grade 8 bolts... The bolts supplied with the Energy Suspension Kit are grade 5.

Yeah, that's what I'm going for this round. That, and the sleeves rust to the bolts to the point where I have to cut off the upper and lower sides at the bushing. So I'll be using stainless for that instead.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do too. Never had a problem with the threads hitting the UCA. Looks like they would, but they don't.

So what was the difference with the 'unitized' end links?

Also does anyone make quick disconnects for our trucks?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So what was the difference with the 'unitized' end links?

Also does anyone make quick disconnects for our trucks?

Unitized end links have most of the pieces already connected, no dealing with piles of washers, bushings, sleeves, etc. Makes it much easier to install and no fighting to keep the washer on the bushing while you put the nut on.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I ended up changing mine out for 3/8" x 9" Grade 8 bolts I custom ordered from Fastenal. I used a new set of Energy Suspension bushings/washers, and used a piece of stainless sleeve instead of the provided steel ones that always seize on. The 5" sleeve idea didn't quite give me the clearance for the upper control arm, so I ended up trimming them down to 4.5". They've held up great so far! :waytogo: