Front "sway bar" end link replacement issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
tylers88,

I actually tried this and it's indeed MUCH easier to do, however, I didn't care for the lack of clearance between the threads and the UCA, not to mention the brake line. On second thought, one could cut off the exposed threads I guess... Might be a good way to go if the need arises...

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the measurements. I know Energy Suspension measured theirs from the bushing sleeve, I just didn't know about the stock ones. I'm gonna increase the angle on my sway bar a bit when I make my new end links. My new sleeve I made is 5". I don't wanna jump too far for the sake of upper control arm clearance. My truck is also cranked about the same amount as yours.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
easiest way i found is, jack up the truck, ratchet strap the sway bar to the lower control arm and tighten that down, then put your bolt in from the bottom and you should have plenty of room to put the nut on.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tylers88,

I actually tried this and it's indeed MUCH easier to do, however, I didn't care for the lack of clearance between the threads and the UCA, not to mention the brake line. On second thought, one could cut off the exposed threads I guess... Might be a good way to go if the need arises...

cutoff wheel solves that, that was the fastest way i found when i was wrenching

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well just wanted to drop in hear and say that the new one I put in two weeks ago broke lol. Yanked it out and gonna go with a one legged sway bar until I feel like messing with it again haha.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
what kind did you use? ive found that the stock delco or whatever autoparts store ones dont last very long with cranked bars orr any offroad use. my friend has his truck cranked and swear by moogs, they lasted him almost 130k of on and offroad abuse.

i personally have used the store bought ones and they kept breaking, the one on my new truck has actually stretched to a point where i have to cut it off and the energy suspension links are about twice as thick so im assuming stronger. ill snap a pic of the difference in size and of the streched one if anyone wants them.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It was an advance auto parts one. Real cheap. Ordered a new unitized design Deeza (I think thats right) from RockAuto last night.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If mine break again, I might go to grade 8 bolts... The bolts supplied with the Energy Suspension Kit are grade 5.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what the unitized design is all about...been using the regular ones forever.