Front Suspension Rebuild / Torsion Bar Crank And Blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kent

Reaction score
So I have just finished up a suspension rebuild along with a small lift. Hear is a quick run down of what I did and a few additions a added as I got further into the repair/upgrades.
Items I Replaced
moog upper control arms
moog lower control arm bushings
moog lower ball joints
moog sway bar end links
moog sway bar bushings
shocks rancho rs5000
moog inner and outer tie rod ends
steering dampener rancho
moog idler arm and bracket
moog pitman arm
2" lift blocks and u bolts

Now this went a little off the rails once I realized I had a slight leak on the passenger side inner shaft seal. I decided to just go ahead and drop the differential and fix it (no big deal). But then Bam!! I came across this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1999-G...ash=item1eb27d8e3e:g:s8EAAOSwB-1YtLob&vxp=mtr

You must be registered for see images attach

And I thought to my self perfect! I can correct the cv axle angles and I already have everything out this should be easy.
Boy was I wrong. This kit is made well but nothing except for the front driver drop line up correctly. On the passenger side replacement mount I had to slot the mounting holes at the back bolt on the frame about an 1/8" to get the bolt holes to line up. Then came the driver side rear mount which I had to slot the hole on the new mount about an 1/8" as well to get the bolt holes to line up on it. None of this was really a big deal except for having to install and uninstall the diff 3 different times.
After all of this I ended up with great cv angles and I'm glad I did it but buyer beware this kit is close but not perfect just be prepared for a lot of fitment issues.

Now the only issue that concerned about is the upper control arm ball joint angle and the down travel of the arm. (I lowered the front back down a bit after until I can correct these issues)
I am considering having ball joint spacers milled out of aluminum this should help a great deal with both issues but I need to do some more research and a little R and D using the old control arms.

I would prefer to buy or build a complete control arm that would correct these issues but the only control arms I can find are rough country and they only offer them for the k1500.

Ill get some more pictures uploaded at some point.
If anyone know of some upper control arms or has any experience with ball joint spacers lets here it!
The truck rides and drive absolutely great better than my 05 2500hd 4x4 ever did.
The first picture is before the lift blocks 2nd is after as you can see the front had already been cranked some and once I figure out what I'm goin to do with ball joint angles and a arm stops I will lift the front about 3/4" more.