FRONT BUMPER RUB!!!! HELLP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
k guys so i had the 3 inch body lift installed with the brackets and 33's on there. well i had some rubbin backin outta the driveway got it home and cut the plastic valence at a 45. found out im still gonna rub on the corner. nice backspacing on the wheels:) so my question is what can i do without cutting the bumper? doesnt really seem to be any adjustments?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cranking the torsion bars is easy and free man! All you need to do is give the adjusters that the keys ride on, a few turns (keep in mind to keep track of exactly how much you turn each bolt, so you can make both sides identical) and you're set! IIRC it's an 18mm socket that you'll need! I don't really mess with torsion bars all that often, but it's pretty simple to do! :D

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jacking the front end up off the ground will help make turning the bolts easier, also some penetrant spray wont hurt either. Here is a picture of the bolt(s) you want to turn. They are in the crossmember just behind the trans x-member.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dont go more then 2-3 turns or you may need an allignment.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly jack it up to get the tires off the ground, follow the bar back off the lower control arms, look for the 18mm head bolt, crank it a few turns then do the other the same amount of turns.

Don't worry about if ones in further then the other, as long as it's sitting level from side to side before and after you start. One of mine would only go in 3-1/2 turns and it's bottomed out, the other side went the same but could go another 4 turns I bet.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when i got my tahoe they were almost fully cranked, the guy said that they had been like that for 20k+ miles and my balljoints were still in good shape. i wouldnt worry about it all that much.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best bet is to post a picture of your angles. When fully cranked I was doing balljoints every 4 months and idler arm showed play after a couple thousand miles. With the 3" body lift I cant see needing much crank to clear 33's.