Frame behavior when hitting bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin Foxwell

Reaction score
Ive got a 98 ext cab k1500, and when i go over light wash borad or small pot holes or even cracks for that matter, i can watch the rear half of the frame twist and move. It looks like im trying to flex the frame almost. Is this normal for these trucks? The frame looks solid front to rear, especially between the cab and bed. Any info is appreciated, perhaps im getting too paranoid with this truck, lol.

GMFS Forum: DeFoxZ71
SilveradoSierra Forum: DeFox98

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I'm probably asking a dumb question here but when's the last time you replaced your shocks?

Devin Foxwell

Reaction score
I'm probably asking a dumb question here but when's the last time you replaced your shocks?
They were replaced about 4 years ago. Honestly didn't think about that. **** has never been that simple with this truck, lol.

GMFS Forum: DeFoxZ71
SilveradoSierra Forum: DeFox98

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Since shocks aren't all that hard/expensive to replace, I say grab a set of new ones and see if your issues persist. That would be my first go to on excessive suspension travel.