Found a 3" lift kit for $30 at Pep Boys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Indeed. My dad pointed out today that compared to most trucks around here, mine is pretty damn level. With the front being MAYBE an inch lower than the front. How hard would it be to lower the REAR an inch or two? Would it be hard since the rear has leafs?

RTM355

Reaction score
Honestly I would rather have it up in the front and a inch lower in the back then lowering the back. Just put a one or two inch blocks in the back. if it higher in the front.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
No its higher in the back right now. I wanted to buy spring spacers to level it, but i really like the lowered look of some of the trucks on this site, so i though maybe i could lower the back to be level and a little lower than stock. If that made any sense.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No its higher in the back right now. I wanted to buy spring spacers to level it, but i really like the lowered look of some of the trucks on this site, so i though maybe i could lower the back to be level and a little lower than stock. If that made any sense.

For the rear you could flip the axel but your going to gain way more then a inch of drop in the rear. Would you eventually like to lower it quite a bit? I know a member on here has a DJM 4/6 drop kit for sale in the for sale section if that is something you are looking for!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks promising..although i have no idea what a drop shackle is, where it goes, or what exactly it does lol

The shackle is what mounts the spring to the hanger and allows the spring to travel more then less. So a drop shackle just goes in place of your OE shackle, it pretty much changes the angle so the leafs sit lower.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Oh, i see. Thanks for the info and link! Need to save my weekly checks to do some general maintenance (need an oil change, filter is getting dirty), but once i start school i wont be as tempted to buy random crap so ill be saving up and REALLY getting into changing things around in the truck.