Found a 3" lift kit for $30 at Pep Boys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe so man but I'm not very familiar with the 2wd setups! Hopefully someone can chime in that is but I would think the ebay kits would give you all you need to get an inch or two up front. Once you do level the front, you could look into a 2-3" body lift to get up around a 4x4 height or lil more.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If your springs are healthy(not sagging, or uneven left-to-right stance/lean), then just get lift spindles. They allow you to keep your stock suspension geometry and ride. Depending on what brand ya get and how much lift ya decide on, ya might need larger diameter wheels.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Cool, going to play around some more with the leveling idea. Gonna go back to pep boys on Wednesday when i get paid and get my VHT spray and also see if they have spring spacers there that maybe i missed. Thanks guys. (Ill also maybe take some pics with one of my wheels off so you guys that own 4x4's can see the 2wd setup.)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The 2wd is a very simple setup....if you can, maybe take unloaded measurements(width, height, and coil wire thickness) and hit up a junkyard for some coils that are longer and depending on how stiff a ride you want, you can use one with thicker or thinner wire(thinner wire may not be the best idea for a truck, lol). The wire thickness directly affects how stiff a ride you have. Remember though, if you want 2" lift, don't get a 2" taller spring, the spring height increase has to remain ~half of what you wanna lift by. I personally wouldn't go with more than 1-1.5" of spring lift(.5-.75" taller spring) because of ball joint issues. I used home made spring spacers(added almost 2") and used lift spindles(like a pre-runner) because I needed the clearance and height for the front rack I used to use....now it just looks goofy with all the equipment removed, because the front end came up more unloaded.

94bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a question, if anyone has an answer. lol. if i get a coil spacer for my c1500, would i need to get anything else, and would i have any issues with any of the steering junk? and sorry, im new to the 88-98s, ive always had 73-87s where its easier to just throw an add a leaf on it. lol

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I didn't have any real issues with the steering atleast and I made an inch thick steel spacer and coated in poly. Here's a way to look at it, if you look under the front, there's that part of the crossmember that's shaped like the front of a sled rail, it's located directly in the center of the vehicle and is a very tempting location to put a jack. Throw a jack under there and lift the vehicle up(rear wheels chocked, ebrake, in Park, etc) as high as you want. If you're wanting it level, lift till it looks level, then check all your steering, ball joints, etc and you shouldn't have any real bind, not just with leveling....unless you have a massive rear lift installed, lol.

RTM355

Reaction score
And by the way you crank the keys with the bolt it pushed up on the torsion key.

RTM355

Reaction score
****.my bad man I didn't know it was 2w drive I should read more.and if you need help with what to do with the hvt let me know. And ill send it in a private message instead of up here in this thread