Found a 3" lift kit for $30 at Pep Boys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man but this is why this thread is here so you can learn...NOW...you CAN lift the front of your truck about 1" to 1.5" for FREE as long as you have a socket wrench and a 18mm socket...Our front suspension on these trucks is independent front suspension and you have torsion bars that run from under your door on each side to the front suspension. These bars twist and lift or lower your front suspension. There are two bolts inside a crossmember that runs right under each door handle (in between the frame) You can get under your truck (jack the front up a little to take the load off) and tighten these bolts a full turn or two clockwise and it will twist the bars that they connect to thus raising your front suspension.

You do this by measuring the height of your front fenders before you tighten these bolts..Give them a full turn or two and measure after until you've raised it 1-1.5" and there you go! Now, you don't want to go much more than that or it will ride really bad and wear out your front suspension parts fast but 1-1.5 and you're golden. Now you can raise the front for free and just leave the rear suspension alone! Because well not only does the front sitting stouter than the rear look better, but the front is actually what needs clearance if you want to go with a little bigger tires since the front wheels actually turn...The rear doesn't need lift near as much because the rear wheels don't turn.

If you want to know more or anything just ask but I thought I'd try and teach you a little more explained in the way that I'd have liked it explained when I first was learning. Other than cranking your bars in the front, the second best option of lift for you is a body lift because it lifts the body up off the frame so you can fit bigger tires. By doing this it doesn't actually lift your suspension at all and will not affect the way your truck rides at all. It would ride the exact same as it does now.

Now, if you want a big lift then you will have to go with a suspension lift. Where as a body lift will run you about $250 a suspension lift is about 4x that much. Right about $1000. These are the legit ones, but a body lift is still a great choice. Some people don't like them though because the frame still hangs a little bit and you can see more of it, but doesn't affect ride. Let me know if you got any questions man!

Griffin

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Haha thanks guys now i dont feel as dumb. Exactly how much faster will anything screw up if i crank it? I just want it a bit leveled, i dislike the stock "reverse cali-lean" :lol:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Depends on how much you crank. The biggest concern are the CV joints. But I just read in your sig C1500. Is your truck 2WD?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your truck is 2wd you can't crank anything, you can LOWER the back, to make it level, or you can lift the back, but have to lift the front higher.

Also them parts store blocks are usually alum. and they can crack, we had a set break completely in half on us.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If it's 2wd then you don't have torsion bars in the front you have coil springs. :p

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reading the whole thread, the progression in the 2nd page is funny. Hey be happy you've got a 2wd truck, much cheaper in the long run to lift them and less to worry about.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reading the whole thread, the progression in the 2nd page is funny. Hey be happy you've got a 2wd truck, much cheaper in the long run to lift them and less to worry about.

Yeah plus gearing a 2wd is 1/2 the cost of doing a 4x4.

Sorry, I just assumed you had a 4x4 since you were wanting to raise it. Should have looked @ your sig. Yeah, you don't have torsion bars so forget everything I said except you could still body lift it but you'd still want to level it out before that...So coil spacers are an option for you..Search around for 2" coil spacers for the C1500. I'd imagine you want to raise the front to level it rather than lower the rear...

If you leveled the front with a coil spacer and did a 2-3" body lift you would be sitting about the height of a stock Z71 4x4 or an inch bigger.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Last edited: