Forum Changing my Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like the title says...

Sometimes when I add a link to another website in my post for some mysterious reason the forum changes it immediately after I post it. For instance, I just added a Crutchfield link to some kick panels to a post in another thread, and when I hit the post button it magically changed that link to some eBay listing for ladies high heels. I edited the post three or four times with slight variations on the link (different options selected on the listing) and every single time it would change the link up on me. No idea why this is happening but it's been off and on for months now. Sometimes I can get around it, sometimes it absolutely will not let me post the link I want. What gives?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said, it doesn't do it all the time. Just every once in a while it will mess with me. Really strange issue.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
This site adds hyperlinks to words in my posts that I did not create.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is still happening, and it's annoying as hell. Is there anything staff can do to fix this? It's becoming more frequent. Almost every Amazon or eBay link I post is magically modified in some way as soon as I submit the post.