Forged lower control arm Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
Talking about front suspensions... After lifting my truck, I have determined the suspension & steering components are just worn out. Instead of a bandaid I want to go ahead and replace everything. ( A arms, ball joints, pitman,, all steering, etc.)

It's been since 1999 that work was done, so I figured make my truck new again.

1988 GMC C2500 with 389,000 miles. I have done a lot of stock upgrades, so that's all that's left. ( except for paint)

I wonder if I can find a total kit for suspension & steering?

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Buy a set for an H2. They are exactly the same. I have a set already installed in my garage I can guarantee they work.

Thinder

Reaction score
Gents, thank you for all that research on those bushings! I'm new to this forum, looking to upgrade my 99 K1500 Suburban to the forged lower control arms. Besides the larger lower ball joint, what other parts will I have to upgrade---stab links, torsion bar, anything?

I would think the bushings, ball joint and possible sway bar link. then they should bolt in. Check part number on the sway bar link and see if its different on the two lowers. I think its the same but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure the spindle and the torsion bars are the same.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The only difference is the arms and ball joint. The links and shocks bolt up exactly the same. Obviously the bushings are arm specific.

Thinder

Reaction score
OK WTF??? I started to pull my lower control arms on my Suburban, and the rear lower control arm bolts hit the axle mounting flange on the front axle. I really don't want to pull the front axle so I'm debating cutting the bolts and installing with the head on the rear of the mount. BUt I cant seem to find replacement bolts!!! Any Ideas?

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably have to pull the axle anyway in order to break the lower ball joint loose for LCA removal, if I'm thinking right.