flowmaster 10 series.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i put the ten on my current exhaust ( 2.5 inch y pipe to 3 inch no cats ) and put a 2.5 inch 90 bend out in front of the pass side tire and it sounds terrible/ sounds like my old straight piped ford from high school lol. now im stuck wondering if i should sell it and get new 40s or super 40s or if the H / X pipe will make it better with full tail pipes. its decently quiet at ide and very quiet crusing all the way up to 70 but when im on the throttle hard it just doesnt sound as good as a 40 series to me. it doesnt really pop or anything when i jump off the gas quick or downshift which is good but i just dont know if i like it or not yet.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it appears that i never updated this thread. i ended up running 2.5 stainless tail pipes and made custom cones to adapt to a 4 inch which has a foot and a half length and into 5 inch tips all stainless from the muffler back. its a little big but i like it and thats all that matters. now before i had done the monster tips it was just 2.5 all the way out, but it snapped and poped quite a bit and didnt have the exact sound i wanted. since i put on the big tips and 4 inch tube it has a deeper tone with zero poping and sounds just the way i wanted.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
personally I wouldn't waste my money on flowmasters, they have alot of other chmabered mufflers for cheaper that sound the same. I got a set of cherry bomb extremes and love em, sound just like the original flow 40 that was on the truck. Masybe louder though when driving.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so the extremes sound good? my buddy has flows and it sounds nice but i wanted to do extremes and have the dumped and run duals later after bl and stuff but i didnt know if theyd sound good

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had a extremes when i had my yukon, great muffler. sucked b/c they rotted out after the winter months. i now have a spintech prostreet on my truck and love it.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well im happy with what i have and it wasnt too much money to do IMO. but i have not tried cherry bomb extremes either so im sure they sound good too. lets face it a chevy motor always sounds good. also if anyone is interested gibson sell just the tail pipes like the ones i have in stainless for $100 per side. i belive it was there replacement kit or something like that. i think it also came with bends to run out the side of the truck rather than straight out, but i ran mine straight out because thats what i like.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think im going to dump mine for a while till i get the bl and everything all done so i can then get duals run. the stock on there now is 3 inches after the muffler is that normal? i know it rusted out a long time ago so we rode with no exhaust and it was loud haha