flowmaster 10 series.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Running 10's on the dually now, it's loud just like I wanted. They sound like **** with full tailpipes if you ask me. I had pipes all the way out installed and it popped and crackled alot. I just cut off everything from the muffler back the other night and put turndowns on it. It now has the perfect sound. If it were me-no pipes but it's your truck and your decision, just a heads up.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the input. i really like the look of the pipes though. any suggestions about putting the tiny mufflers right near the end of the tail pipes? the paper that came with them mentioned running atleast 10 inches or so of tailpipe with these to make more power. true or not i do not know!

Reaction score
Not sure about placement of the mufflers, I also liked the looks of my pipes but the sound just killed it for me. I hate that crackling popping noise it made when accelerating. Set it up with out the pipes and drive it for a couple of days and see what you think. Add the pipes later if you want or do it all at once and take the pipes off if you don't like the sound.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i hate crackling exhaust alot. like i said i plan to put the lil guy on whats left of my exhaust to see how i like it. im only half commited to using these mufflers as i only ordered one. so if i dont like it then ill craigslist it and go with somthing else. but im hoping i dont have to go through all that. i have never owned a truck or car with pipes that came straight out the back and i have loved that look since i was little and really want to keep the pipes that way. so i pretty much will to do what it takes to get the sound and look im after as far as that goes.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flow 10s crackle a lot. I ran them with dumped and also with full exhaust dumped was better but still not great. I ended up just taking the entire system off the car and running a catback.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm looks like i should have searched this a little more before i bought it haha

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha yeah but now the question for me is, run the old school 40s like i have been ( non delta flow ) or run the new 10s lol

Reaction score
Flow 10s crackle a lot. I ran them with dumped and also with full exhaust dumped was better but still not great. I ended up just taking the entire system off the car and running a catback.

I'm not getting any crackle with mine, maybe cause it's a big block. I guess even with the same motor and similar trucks each situation can yield a different sound.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i hate crackling exhaust alot. like i said i plan to put the lil guy on whats left of my exhaust to see how i like it. im only half commited to using these mufflers as i only ordered one. so if i dont like it then ill craigslist it and go with somthing else. but im hoping i dont have to go through all that. i have never owned a truck or car with pipes that came straight out the back and i have loved that look since i was little and really want to keep the pipes that way. so i pretty much will to do what it takes to get the sound and look im after as far as that goes.

Since you're running either a X or H pipe, the crackling should be less. Also, longer tips should also help reduce crackling.

I've never heard Flowmaster 10s, but I'm guessing they should sound good.