Floor Jacks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have two floor jacks, 1 is a sears 3 tom steel frame with 4 separate wheels can be used on concrete or asphalt. It takes twice as many strokes to lift but less effort. I can jack up a car and roll it on the jack. The other is a Snap On alluminum frame quick lift with a roller on the front and light casters on the rear. I have to sweep the floor before using it as the roller will not roll over anything. I don't trust it to move on asphalt so must put a piece of plywood under it in the asphalt drive way. It does lift quick and is lower profile. I have had two caster failures with it also. It will not move on any surface with a car on it. So I prefer the heavy old school sears jack but have learned when I need to drive up on a couple 2x4's first so it is easier to get the jack under the new cars. I also found that by driving up on a 2x4 then to a 4x4 I can see where I am placing the jack under a car, with my truck I can change the oil with it up on 4x4's without even jacking.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BTW you guys do realize that if most jacks get tipped on their side they can become airbound and not lift properly. Just pump the handle with the handle turned to lower the car in the release position to bleed the air. If it has oil it will work again.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, the HF one was what I have been looking at but I know their tools are pretty cheaply made sometimes. So just wanted other opinions. And the ACDelco one is the brand I have at home and i'm not impressed by it when I tried using it on my car, and i'm tired of driving 30 minutes away to use my dads all the time. But I guess i'll give the HF one a try:D

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I bought a napa 3.5 ton for $180 on sale. I think most napas have tool sales at the end of every month and thats when i got mine. I love it, its good quality, the only downside is if you have to take it anywhere it weighs like 75lbs. Itll pick up pretty much anything you need though, i used it to jack up the back of a skid loader with no problem.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that one thanks. Weight is no problem for me though the one I borrow from my dad all the time is a dinosaur and is probably older then I, and that thing weighs at least 100lbs

seanb98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Napa floor jacks. They make a good 3.5 ton unit. Catch it on sale and one can be had at around $200. Extremely heavy duty and well made.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought the daytona jack from HF. I like that is low enough to pick up my evo but big enough to use on my truck. It's super heavy duty and a snap on knock off (looks identical to SO).
90 day trial period and 3 year warranty.
$178 on sale

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought the daytona jack from HF. I like that is low enough to pick up my evo but big enough to use on my truck. It's super heavy duty and a snap on knock off (looks identical to SO).
90 day trial period and 3 year warranty.
$178 on sale

Recently picked this up for the truck. Lifts truck real easy and high enough for the 6ton HF jackstands. Makes for a nice safe and comfortable working position. Pretty sure it's the same model as the Snap-On FJ3000 which sells for over 600 bucks. Replaced my HF steel 3 ton jack as my main jack because it gets another 6 inches of lift over that one.

Last edited: