FiTech EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quiet bunch.. Well checked in with FiTech. Works fine.

Needs: More fuel (new pump) and an adapter for the throttle cables. Decided to do a whole top end on the pig (and a lil more). Edelbrock 2.02/190 heads, Air gap dual plane, FiTech EFI, Billet dist, .60 (ish) lift cam on 112 LSA (full roller), LT headers, 10" converter, beater kit in a 4L80, B&M Shifter, Auburn dif, blah blah... Hoping Black Bear can pull all this together for me cause it all just showed up - lol.

Not An SS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been considering this myself.. I currently have the stock 91 GenV 454.. when I swap to the Gen 6 I want to go FITech and maybe put the manual stage 3 shift kit in my 4L80E, but I also saw someplace you may be able to control trans off the FITech.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can control the trans, usshift can help there. You can control spark though.

I still have not heard back from black bear yet, gonna call them today. The unit takes over quite a bit of pcm controls.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would talk to Dynamic EFI, and see if their stuff would work with the Fitech. If so, you would be better off tuning it yourself.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, never tried tuning before outside of carb and dwell setting... Called black bear. Couldn't speak with anyone.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, never tried tuning before outside of carb and dwell setting... Called black bear. Couldn't speak with anyone.

I know this annoys some people but they're much easier to get a hold of by email. They're always super busy, sometimes take a day or two to get back to you, but very helpful.

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, i did get a reply tonight. no bueno on fitec with this pcm... bummer.

sucks intake manifolds are non existent for this pos set up.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FiTech is a stand alone unit with ECM and sensors built in. You don't use the engine perameter side of your factory ECM with it. You have to change dizzy too. FiTech can control timing. It's not automatic control like an ECM does now days with the knock sensor, TPS, and O2. It's just a timing curve you can manually set in the hand held.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
^ and for that reason and a few others is why mine went in the trash. leaned way out at WOT enough that i was getting severe spark knock. you cant tune then, they have to tune it for you. it wasnt worth it. id be seeking alternative forms with a 411 pcm and injectors. the holley variant should be significantly better.