Fire extinguishers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, after a host of modifications to my truck, I am not all that trusting of it's fireproof qualities. So I have considered carrying a fire extinguisher. If anyone has any good mounting ideas, or products they have had luck with, please throw them up here!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I carry them in my trucks, usually under the seats, not so much for my vehicles but I've seen plenty of fires start right off the side of the road.
Why do u think your truck will catch fire?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I carry one loose in the center console of both of my trucks. Every vehicle I have has a small one somewhere. It's not so much that you expect them to catch fire, it's that you don't want them to burn to the ground if they do.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I carry one in the back of my burb,sits in the right side tray.

Good thing I had one many years ago...a neighbor was driving his van down the street and didn't know he had an engine fire,I grabbed my extinguisher real quick,put out the fire then pulled one of the cables going to the battery,saving his van.He was pretty happy I was there.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here, I carry one as well. I can't imagine why a fire would ever start but if it ever did I've got mine right behind the driver seat. Just flip the seat back forward and it's there. Trying to think of a good mounting solution for where it's at, maybe some Velcro straps along the back wall where it's carpeted. I've got a standard cab. I'll post up some pictures if I figure out a solution.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the center hump. I just bolted it, the mount, to the floor.. needed another set of hands to help do it but it's very secure... works great. Never had it loosen up yet...
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saved a big rig with mine, well mainly the trailer. They had one trailer brake lock/stick on, on one wheel and it caught fire when he pulled over. I was a couple cars behind him and pulled over right behind him... his extinguisher didn't work but mine did. Kept the flare ups down till the police and fire got there... he thanked me by buying(gave me cash to replace mine) my next extinguisher, my current one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

GMTNZ

Reaction score
Yeah centre interior works for me.
Doesn't take up much room and is really handy!
You must be registered for see images attach

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
For now i carry one under my driver's seat. Just right size that it lays against the out rail n doesnt roll around. Think may be one in my tool box in bed but i got so much gear in there for work itd take to long to find it. Might try to blot it to inside of box near the top in case i ever need it.

Sent from the bottom of a Jack Daniel's bottle.