Finally Doing It! 1999 K3500 Crew Cab SAS Build Up Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctchevy166

Reaction score
I got about 5.5 inches of front lift between the Fabworx bracketry and the 2.5" skyjacker springs. Should settle out a little. The rear add a leafs yielded about 2 inches and coupled with factory blocks. It rides pretty decent right now. New shocks for the front should show up sometime today. Ordered the wrong size initially, summit racing is pretty good about exchanges tho. I found out I also need to clearance the front crossmember to avoid leaf spring contact. After that's done it should ride even better. Track bar has been put on hold as I'm not sure if I really need it or where to mount it. Need to measure and research more. The truck is currently on 295 75 16 BFG's on 16x8 wheels.

Also @86454k30 thanks for the driveshaft information. What's the process involved in changing to a cv flange output on the transfer case? Do I have to drop it a and split the case? Never done it before.

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has 4" tuff country front springs plus a 1" zero rate, I ordered a ruff stuff track bar and haven't installed it yet, not really sure if I need it or not. Mine seems to have a little front end "walk" but with our crappy streets its hard to tell. I bet with only 2.5" front springs you won't notice much difference with or without a track bar. In fact I didn't even put my sway bar back on.

take a 1-1/4" socket remove the nut on the yoke, there is a washer behind the nut save that for re-installing the new flange style yoke. You can use an impact socket to remove the nut on the original yoke but you will need a normal socket to re-install the new flange yoke as the center of the yoke is smaller and the impact socket won't fit inside it.

Call Denny's driveshafts he is in Newyork I think to check and see if he has a flange yoke he may be cheaper than H.A.D. You will need to remove your yoke FIRST, count the splines and the spline depth before ordering a flange yoke.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love your rims. They are simple and compliment the truck very well.

This is my third time reading through your build. I am getting some ideas for my own build.............. nice work.

ctchevy166

Reaction score
Sorry I have not been on here in a while due to work and other life occurrences. Will post big update this weekend. Truck has been holding up well but needs a fuel pump right now and a few other things. Thanks.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just read threw this and loved it truck looks amazing. your making me want to start my collection of parts. any updates to the truck?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Awesome truck subbed for future reference

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

rugby_7

Reaction score
With the Fabworx kit did you have any problems with the rear shackle hitting the frame?