Finally Doing It! 1999 K3500 Crew Cab SAS Build Up Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonecrazy89

Reaction score
Where did you get your pitman arm? What brand? In the process of collecting parts to do this to a sclb once i finish my gmc. what did your total front lift end up being?

ctchevy166

Reaction score
Where did you get your pitman arm? What brand? In the process of collecting parts to do this to a sclb once i finish my gmc. what did your total front lift end up being?

Pitman arm and crossover steering was made by Chassis Unlimited, Livermore CA. Good products from that place. Im estimating the front lift was around 5.5".

Kind of took a few pictures this morning. Need to get some on my real camera as phone pictures from a blackberry are kind of a tease. New front shocks should be here Wednesday. Also, I still need to get a new front shaft made unless someone has a better idea/way to do it. Suggestions welcome.

You must be registered for see images attach

gonecrazy89

Reaction score
Looks awesome! And thanks for that, like I said I'm starting to stock up on parts to do this myself. Not on a crew cab tho, I wish! Always loved the crew cabs, but when I find them halfway decent they are a ton of money. One day lol. looks good tho man!

ctchevy166

Reaction score
Not a problem and thank you. Finding these trucks in good condition I just about impossible. They are literally worth their weight in gold when you do track me down. Anyways, Getting the axle was the hardest part for me. Had to drive about 14 hours to go pick it up. Was well worth the trip. Most of the other parts can be made or bought online and locally. Some things you also can not buy until you get the truck back on the ground at the proper ride height. Found this out the hard way. Be sure to post up a thread when you start on that project, would like to see it.

I think I'm going to stay with the current tire size which is going against what I wanted to but I like it the way it is. Currently running 295 75 16.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Truck looks great.!!! Gonna use yoyr build to help on mine and a buddies sas. My old lady gave me the green light. Time to start planning

Adam

gonecrazy89

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips and advice! And once my gmc is painted and reassembled it's for sale and then gonna buy a standard cab to sas. Had a 94 chevy lifted 9 inches with 37s when I was 17 and sold it when I was like 20. Regret selling it everyday, see it around quite a bit. It's on it's second high school kid since I sold it, and they both beat the snot outta it and it kills me. That's truck was my baby. I ended up finding out a month or so after the kid I sold it to sold it that he let it go for a grand cuz it wouldn't start I was pretty mad woulda bought it back in a heartbeat. So moral of my story I'm gonna build something tougher than that truck, paint it the same color and all. That's how much I miss the truck lol

openrange80

Reaction score
Great work. Looks perfect. Thats the height I want. I have a 99 3500 drw... cant wait to sas, single out the rear, put nv4500 with np205 and yes, a 12vavle cummins.. but anyways, your truck inspires me... haha. Thanks

86454k30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the driveshaft call Jesse at High Angle Driveline and buy a flange yoke for the t-case. As best I can tell the flange is a ford flange but I can't figure out what it is off of, mine was a 31 spline but they had 2 different options in our trucks. Then go to the wrecking yard and get a front driveshaft from an 04+ Ford superduty and have it shortened and change the axle end ujoint from a 1350 to a 1330 all you have to do is buy a 1330 ujoint and put the caps from the new 1330 on the 1350 cross and bolt it up!

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Looks awesome.got a few questions.
How does it ride? What size tires are those and about how much lift did it give you? Sorry I havent had time to read the whole build thread. Lookin awesome though.

CrewCab Steve