Finally back in a 3/4 ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha yeah it does. It really barks back in first at high rpm then quickly releasing the throttle. doesnt sound as wild in the cab. Im thinking about putting in an x pipe in closer to the manifolds and removing the muffler to see what it sounds like hehe

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 2 into cat single 3" out and no muffler on the 94 and it's fine around town but over 2000 rpm cruise the drone it terrible. Just need to decide on a muffler...

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For best flow and in my opinion sound ,I would go with a jones maxflow or similar straight through design

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm really happy with how my exhaust system turned out. One issue though, it stinks lol. Before I still had one good cat so the smell was only half as bad.

Found a pair of universal cats https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MU2KVVJ/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

The reviews looked good and stated it they cleared up exhaust Oder.

Probably will quiet down the exhaust some but I don't mind. Already plenty loud hehe

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Straight through is the plan, had a glasspack before and with the oe cat was about perfect but I think the high flow y pipe/ converter setup and all mandrel bent tube is louder so I'm thinking a Jones MAXFlow MF1259 which is the same size as the cat-back kit's muffler so should be easy swap, or should I go for the 14" case (MF1229) vs the 18" case?

The smell is most the reason I haven't dug into my burb yet. Don't want that can of worms yet, but maybe this summer. that pancake converter has to be some blockage.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A high flow y pipe and converter is a good choice. Is your stock setup 2 into one cat?

The size you choose will determine the sound level. A bigger muffler will make the exhaust quieter compared to a smaller one.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No the pickup was a stock 5.7 tbi y pipe that was more of a T pipe, then 2.75" pipe to the converter. I put in a Magnaflow 2 about 1.75-2" pipes into the converter seperately and exit as 1 3" pipe and then I got a dynomax catback, but the non straight thru muffler was to quiet at idle for the wife so I left it off.
The burb is a TBI 454 so its oe 3" and the cat is behind the muffler...

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Just read through the thread again, love the truck! What's your thoughts on the Falken Wildpeak M/Ts? They look pretty aggressive,

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just read through the thread again, love the truck! What's your thoughts on the Falken Wildpeak M/Ts? They look pretty aggressive,

Thanks. The WildPeaks are pretty bad ass, quiet too. Wore even. The tread is definitely one of the deepest available. My only complaint was traction in snow was real poor. Wish I bought them a bit smaller.

I actually took off the wildpeaks. They were big at almost 35" (315/70 17) kept rubbing on driver side.

I got coopers at3s.(295/70 17) Slightly smaller, around 33.5" and fairly wide, work perfectly. They kick ass in almost all terrain. Ride very quiet and smooth.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Read the whole thread and all I can say is, this truck is awesome! I can also see, that rust on the left fender has inched up over time lol, but that's what happens when you live in a place where snow develops. :)