Figure out lowering kit ,tire size, and wheel measurements of this truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i like the way this truck looks and wanted to see what id need for my 89 for this.i googled it and all it said was it was lowered with 15x8 in front and 15x10 in back with goodyear indy 500 tires.any guess as to the specs of this thanx

You must be registered for see images attach

mattbrat004

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks like a 4-6 drop kit but its hard to really guess. every truck has its own height characteristics, especially trucks like these. years of load can cause springs to compress down.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea thats what i thought probably a 4/6 drop with like 245/60/r15 tires maybe .hopefully others can figure it out or know this truck fingers crossed

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a 5/8 to get the valance that low to the ground. Tires are most likely 275/60's. They've likely cut out the fender lips for tire clearance and hidden it with those flares.

To each their own but I think it looks terrible. :( (mostly the flares)

Richard

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i dont like the flares either but the stance is nice.if you did a 4/6 on 15s what tire size would fill the wheel well like that

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i asked around seemes like 15x8 wheels front with 245/60/15 and 15x10 295/50/15 in the back.thats like a 26.6 in diameter tire.now my question is what backspace and offsett would i need to keep them in the fenders with a 4/6 drop

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
8" up front you want minimum 4.5" backspace, 5" would be better. 10" in rear you want 6" backspace. Not sure on that width of tire in back; haven't run it on a dropped truck. But any more than 6" backspacing would be tough to find on a 10" wheel and then you'd have to start worrying about interference on the backside. When you go low and wide you have to watch for interference from multiple points.

Offset is just a different way of measuring backspacing, so you can go with one or the other. Speaking in general terms, backspacing is often easier to understand.

Richard

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if i did 5inch backspace in the front and 6 inch backspace in the back with rolled fenders? Would i still have clearance issues?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's exactly what I said.. 8" wheel in front you want 4.5" backspace minimum, 5" would be better. 10" wheel in back you want 6" backspace. I can't comment on the tire sizes because I haven't run 15's on a dropped truck. They will probably fit, though.

Richard