Fans for the tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to put one of the 9 blade fans that you can put on the vortec engine I was wondering if it would bolt up An work on my tbi engine I have noticed pulling my horse trailer it heats up a little .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old is your radiator? I'd do a flush/refill and see if it makes a difference before swapping out a fan.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blow out and then wash out(spray the water hose through it) the radiator. Get an auxiliary transmission cooler if you do mot already... the extra heat is most likely from the integral trans cooler in the radiator adding the extra heat and making the coolant get hotter... and auxiliary cooler will do wonders for that and for the life of the transmission...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a kit I can buy to add one I have looked in to it but wasn’t sure about the mounting

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of them just mount in front of the radiator with some clips/screws, not hard to install. I'd look in a junkyard for a truck that has the OEM kit and use it.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put an 11 blade out of a newer style Yukon that was sitting in a junk yard, it's quieter and keeps the AC cooler at idle.

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put an 11 blade out of a newer style Yukon that was sitting in a junk yard, it's quieter and keeps the AC cooler at idle.
Can you send me some pics An what year lol 96-99 or 99-06

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you send me some pics An what year lol 96-99 or 99-06

99-06. I'll get some pics as soon as I get the chance. It was bolted to a clutch and setting inside of the shroud of the truck with motor gone. One would assume it originated in that truck but you know how junk yards are. Would definitely look into it before ordering it blindly lol

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
that help?

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you get me a part number ?