Family Hauler 98 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68shortwide

Reaction score
New to forum, my dad picked up a 98 Tahoe as a family "Use it when you need it" kinda truck. It's been painted and dropped a bit, tan leather interior, 5.7/auto. Going to be scouring the forums for little upgrades and stuff. 237k so it's not worth doing a full build but just little creature comfort stuff. Anything I should be aware of? Right now all it needs is a drivers and barn door outer door handle, both busted, and a tweeter cover for the right front door panel. I'm a 90s Bbody guys so SS rear disc brakes are a thought....
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

68shortwide

Reaction score
Replace the intake gaskets with felpro ms98000t. Ditch the poppet injectors for the mpfi unit.
Looked up the MPFI swap, makes sense. Might do that some weekend, with the headgaskets. The abs module tried to lock up the brakes the other day and almost overheated/warped the rotors. Might do the steering wheel controls and Compass/Temp mirror also, cause why not. Lol

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looked up the MPFI swap, makes sense. Might do that some weekend, with the headgaskets. The abs module tried to lock up the brakes the other day and almost overheated/warped the rotors. Might do the steering wheel controls and Compass/Temp mirror also, cause why not. Lol
Most likely the abs module isn't at fault for that one. Usually the rubber flex lines fail internally. Get a set of the stainless flex lines and your brakes will feel better too.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tahoe looks pretty nice!

Russell stainless brake kit is 672340. I've got it on my suburban.

I've got Compass/Temp mirror kits for sale if you're interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk