Factory power windows upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By chance does anyone have the schematics for the window switches? I have aftermarket power windows in my truck right now but I got factory regulators and panels and switches and would like to not have to put this harness in, I got the one that goes from pass to driver side from behind dash, but it started pouring down rain with a bag full of electrical tools I had to cut something off, it has a little square one connector plug for power locks im assuming, and a big module with 2 connectors, although something dropped down behind the plastic hvac ducting and I wasn't going to brave 2k in electrical impacts over a 20 dollar harness.. if by chance I can use the aftermarket stuff to power the factory switches great, or if anyone has any idea what I cut off, equally great, thanks in advance.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I'm sure you can I have thought of doing this myself. What I would do is get a factory wirring diagram and find out what wires do what on the factory harness and splice it with that aftermarket one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah! If I had more time I'd really like to create a parts list, a stand alone harness that will plug into the factory fuse box and regulators. I have a 2000 OBS (Gov auction) I've replaced the grill and head lights added cruise but I really want the auto down electric windows. It would be nice to tuck our future designed harness under the dash without removing everything for a true factory install. I've seen write ups that explain how to use the factory harness from a junk yard but i just dont have the time to rip out a whole dash.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, as soon as I got all this stuff pulled at the yard and thought I was going to work on it at work, I got swamped... can't complain I like money, so I haven't had a chance to see if theres actually a schematic for the switches, I've added the power windows with the aftermarket regulators, and added auto up and down, and integrated it to my alarm so I can do it from my alarm, I just need time to mess around and find out whats what, and of course GM won't let you on their website for schematics on a phone go figure... I got the inner skin, a new window and the door panels, I'm shy a driver side switch panel and switch from an ex-cab all I have is a woodgrain one from the escalade I robbed, which wont do me any good... has 4 switches AND no tweeter spot.. Actually, that has my thinking... If the escalade doesn't put the tweeter in the door panel, where is it? I didn't notice them in the A pillar although I was hiding from the rain... So would the other models have a better sound system stock? You could definitely do this without pulling the dash, if you didn't want to use the factory h arness that runs from door to door.. maybe even if you just took the dash loose and leaned it forward, it just sits along the top lip of the dash.. I ripped it out of one that was leaned down on the column... took some doing though for the relay packs

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, while i have time, looks like
DRIVER SWITCH
Brown - illumination
Yellow - Accessory
BRN and Dk Blue - driver window motor
Tan and LT Blue - RF window switch
black - ground..

RF switch
Brn - illumination
Blk Ground
Lt Blue dr switch
Blue - accessory
Tan - dr switch
DK blue - rf motor
Brn - RF motor

Guess tomorrow I find out if I burn up the one switch I do have... if I get time...
I think the factory harness runs the stuff through separate relays, and the switchs are just switches, where in the aftermarket kit they also the relay..

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the diagrams for a 1998, maybe it will help. I don't see any relays in the power window circuits.

You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't see an interior lighting diagram for a two door, only four doors:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Circuit #9 is Brown for illumination inside the switch housing comes the headlamp switch thru dash dimmer. Ground is provided all of the time.
The Yellow power circuit #343 is protected by a 30 amp circuit breaker at the IP Fuse Box for the window switch. Both sides of the each window switch are spring loaded to ground, by pressing / pulling to operate, power is supplied to only one side of the switch for correct window motor polarity operation.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
correct, no relays, and the switch it's self manages an auto down function, hopefully that won't cause any headaches when I integrate my 1 touch module, so something between adding 3 wires to the connector killed my power locks, so after 3 hours of beating my head into my steering shaft And every using every word in the book atleast a few times I said to hell with it, made my own harness from both actuators and switches, and tied into an extra power lock relay, and voila they work and my alarm lock and unlock works again, would have just swapped the relays but I guess I managed to get 2 of the other one from what I have... from all of gms schematics I've seen the 2 door has its own special relay.. this is definitely doable without completely pulling the dash, at most pullnthe 3 7s across the top the 2 13s by the puddle lamps 2 13s in glovebox for air bag and 2 15s for the outermost part of the column will leave ample clearance.. ask me how I know.. I could have done This in 1 fell swoop with the 9 wire I have, for both locks and power windows, I stuck the lock relay in driver side kick panel and called it good.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry got my windshield replaced and tinted, and never got any pics. So after left it sitting for a week to cure it's finally ready... for a few days till I do a tint band... and got a chance to mess with it! Several people have asked me for the pics of the interior, it's not completely done need a few tan pieces left and the catch for the arm pad and the hook for the glove box.. apparently they're different from the 98 dash with the airbag to the one I put in out of a 96 without an airbag. Dumb luck on my part I guess..

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What was left of my dash after it got chunked across the shop, and the new dash and everything I have stuffed in the escalade console