Factory Exhaust Differences by Model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sarends

Reaction score
Ok, so I am new to this forum. I've recently bought a 94 C2500 Hd ext cab truck with the 5.7L. I noticed when I bought it that it had factory twin pipes exiting the passenger side behind the tire. I've seen many others including a couple family members that didn't come this way.

My question and post is generally looking for input from other owners as to what the factory exhaust sizes were for the different makes and models.

I'm not near my truck right now so I can't look under it and tell what size the downpipe is or how many cats are on it. All I know is that it came with dual pipes. Really I'm curious to whether it's got a decent exhaust already and if I should mess with it. Is it possible that the 2500 Hd (8600gvw 8 lug) had better exhaust options than the 2500 LD (7200gvw 6 lug)? Anyone with ideas or inputs please let me know. Thanks a lot

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know the over 8600 gvw trucks got bigger y pipes then the under ones. I've never seen a OEM duel tip gmt400 so I suspect yours isn't. Any truck up to 95 should be 1 cat and single in/ single out muffler.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I know the over 8600 gvw trucks got bigger y pipes then the under ones. I've never seen a OEM duel tip gmt400 so I suspect yours isn't. Any truck up to 95 should be 1 cat and single in/ single out muffler.
they had a factory dual out option on some years, around 93 I believe. both exited on passenger side

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
Just saw a 88 ECLB 3500 with a 350 with dual tips. It had NBS wheels. So might not have been factory.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
The true dual exhaust was only offered one year, 1993. I believe it was only offered on the SS454 and Sport trucks.

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score
It looked just like the factory offerings in the square body trucks. Two 2 1/4 pipes right behind the rear passenger tire.
Might have pulled it off one. Too long of a truck to have pulled it from a SS or sport.