factory bumper brackets, which one do i need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right page but bumpers can be for mild towing.i guess. Either way i need a new bumper, im not sure which brackets to get. LMC has a kit for the 3/4 tons with RPO C6P, my one ton is obviously a C6U. Are the brackets the same? Do i need both inners and outters? Any help is appreciated.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
You need a new bumper why? Are you bumper pulling? As in, you don't have a hitch?

WTwarrior

Reaction score
I dont have a reese hitch yet, the bumper i got has a 800 lb tounge weight and 8000 lb trailer wt. I need a bumper because the previous owners destroyed it and the brackets are broke. I have my 1/2 ton bumper on there to make it street legal but the brackets dont match and its barely on it

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I dont have a reese hitch yet, the bumper i got has a 800 lb tounge weight and 8000 lb trailer wt. I need a bumper because the previous owners destroyed it and the brackets are broke. I have my 1/2 ton bumper on there to make it street legal but the brackets dont match and its barely on it

Ah, I see. I'm at work tonight, but I can get you measurements or whatever off my 2500 you can compare with your 3500 tomorrow.

I would guess, (but I don't know for sure), that the 8 lug 2500 and 3500 are the same, and the six lug 2500 and 1500 are the same.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
Ah, I see. I'm at work tonight, but I can get you measurements or whatever off my 2500 you can compare with your 3500 tomorrow. I would guess, (but I don't know for sure), that the 8 lug 2500 and 3500 are the same, and the six lug 2500 and 1500 are the same.

WTwarrior

Reaction score
That would be great. As long as its a 8600gvw 2500 and the frame bolt holes neasure the same as mine, LMC doesnt list 1 ton for their brackets.

Delfco1

Reaction score
Where are you located? I have a Reese tow receiver my wife wouldn't mind me getting out of the pile of parts I have
That would be great. As long as its a 8600gvw 2500 and the frame bolt holes neasure the same as mine, LMC doesnt list 1 ton for their brackets.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score

Mine is a 8600lb GVRW truck, what measurement are you looking for?

WTwarrior

Reaction score
NE, indiana delfco

Just the mounting bolts on the frame, how far they measure apart, compared to my 1/2 ton bumper the holes are closer together, the one ton looks like theyre spread further apart for maybe better weight distribution while bumper towing

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
NE, indiana delfco

Just the mounting bolts on the frame, how far they measure apart, compared to my 1/2 ton bumper the holes are closer together, the one ton looks like theyre spread further apart for maybe better weight distribution while bumper towing

Gotchya, I'll check when i get home tonight.