Exhaust Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seger

Reaction score
Any Suggestions on the best exhaust setup for a 350 Vortec Stock. I am looking to run an exhaust with no Catalytic Converters and no there is no Emissions Inspection where I live. The reason being is because I continue to get the dreaded P0420 Code very randomly sometimes frequently. Most likely it is my driver's side Cat and so instead of replacing it I just want to delete them. What do I need to put in place for in order to trick the O2 Sensors into thinking they are still there and do I just run a pipe where the Cats used to be? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
By far the easiest way to eliminate the check engine light/codes for no cats would be getting your PCM tuned by someone. I recommend Black Bear Performance. They can eliminate O2 sensor codes, EGR codes, whatever you want. Plus the truck will be much more fun to drive. Best $250 I've spent on my red truck by far.

As far as recommendations, my Suburban with the 350 is still running stock exhaust. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

kwslvdo96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had my converters deleted and I had 10inch resonators welded in because I wasn't looking for a louder exhaust but im running a magnaflow muffler too and even with the resonators I still got little more sound out of it. If your going to remove them do it and see how it sounds with what ya got might surprise you. And df2x4 is right just get a tune once your done its worth it and you wont have to worry about it again and it will run better.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exhaust is gonna stink with no cats. I just put 2 new cats back on.

I would run duals with single muffler with internal x pipe

Vodka0tter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exhaust is gonna stink with no cats. I just put 2 new cats back on.

I would run duals with single muffler with internal x pipe

I am with ya on this.

I just installed a new exhaust with no cats. Makes yer eyes water... Just picked up a set of Magnaflow shorties to put on. Damn these trucks STINK with no cats.