Exhaust Idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
As with every other 5.7L Vortec in these 96-99.5 trucks, they have 1 pipe coming off each manifold, with an o2 on each one. Followed by 1 cat per pipe, then these 2 pipes end at a 3 bolt flange, then continue on after that flange, both go into a gigantic muffler that then comes out in 1 single pipe.

Well for me, you can scratch off everything after that last o2 sensor, after that flange continues on that we talked about earlier, well it continues for about 9 inches then totally dumps off. So I still have all the o2s I need, but that last one took a **** on me, so I have an engine light on now..

Anyways what I want to do with my exhaust is cut both pipes completely off before the first cat, then run 2.25s all the way back until just after torsion key crossmember, then run 2 SI/SO flowmaster 40s, then dump them there.

Anyone have a setup like this? I'd like to hear it, I'd like to hear stock 5.7 vortecs, not built up 355s with cams lol.