Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 98 sierra k1500 350 was from the factory and had a dual in/ single out muffler. May want to crawl under there before ordering

Nate swift

Reaction score
Oh well then it might be I will look tomorrow I just bought the truck so I haven't been under much. It probably is

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 88 with the 350 cam with a y pipe then a single pipe ran into a dual out muffler with both pipes coming out behind the passenger wheel from the factory. I kept the same setup but with larger piping and slant ends coming out from behind both rear wheels, using the muffler i posted. I dont have a cat and it does get a little raspy near redline. I may end up putting a high flow cat in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 99 350 had y pipe setup. Y pipe to single out muffler. I ran a flowmaster 40's series two inches off the muffler then straight down into the ground.

My 97 with 454 runs a 2 in 1 out muffler. I'm running a flowmasters big block 50 series with flowmaster cats. Had a mangna flow before and I didn't like the way it sounded. personal preference on sound.

SC_Chevy

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for a good exhaust for my 97 Silverado 350 vortec. I have looked at a few flowmasters and magnaflows but let me know what you think.

So are you looking for good sound, or performance. That's the real question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetperf

Reaction score
Lol yeah it's around 500
Nate, seeing your in AZ, and a dry climate you must have a muffler shop that can make the exhaust for you. You don't really need polished stainless unless you just want it. Stainless also cracks. In Az we use to use the aluminized version and never had a problem. If you go with a universal tailpipe which is 3" dia. that will save you $$$ also. If you can't find one near you I know it's a drive but Discount Muffler in Glendale use to do all of ours. Gary's work is 1st class.
Just trying to save you some dollars.

Mike @ Street Performance

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I first had flowmaster with dual in single out in 2001 or so. I knew nothing back then. I got magnaflow dual in dual out probably a year later with dumps in front of the muffler. My wife still complains about how loud it is but i havent noticed for the past 10 years or so. Just used to it now. Think i paid $600 even all those years ago.