Exhaust cut-out/cat delete project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: just made my first purchase for this project.
You must be registered for see images attach

http://performance.ourdealsrock.net/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=11376

Hope it gets here soon. Also ordered some hardware to bolt it on because I don't have a mig, nor do I have enough talent or balls to try to weld my exhaust. I plan on adding it right after where the cat would go.

'92 Chevy C1500 stock TBI 350

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack an old thread.. But I have a 97 with a vortec 350 and I took out the cats and it has true duals with red devil glasspacks.. The truck still isn't very loud at all and I thought it would have that loud clap without the cats. Would I hurt anything if I straight piped it? Any info or opinions would be appreciated.

woody44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will hurt performance on a stock motor but if you use o2 simulators it should run fine.

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will hurt performance on a stock motor but if you use o2 simulators it should run fine.

I have a 94 k1500 and the person who had it before me ran a single exhaust and it stops right before the rear axle (giving a lot of heat to the rear end) so I was wondering any options on what to do? Are there any o2 sensors on a 94? I was thinking about straight piping it, how would it effect the performance on my stock motor? I also saw some people dump there exhaust, what exactly is that... I also don't want to go through some water or something and have it going up my exhaust.. Im looking for good sound and performance Sorry for all the questions

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 k1500 and the person who had it before me ran a single exhaust and it stops right before the rear axle (giving a lot of heat to the rear end) so I was wondering any options on what to do? Are there any o2 sensors on a 94? I was thinking about straight piping it, how would it effect the performance on my stock motor? I also saw some people dump there exhaust, what exactly is that... I also don't want to go through some water or something and have it going up my exhaust.. Im looking for good sound and performance Sorry for all the questions
94 has one o2 sensor, if it's a v6, it'll be after the y-pipe. On a 350, it's on the driver side manifold. The previous owner probably just cut the back of the stock system off to make it louder. They all come stock with single exhaust. Dumping is when you stop the exhaust after the muffler(s) under the truck instead of running them out of the back or sides of the truck. You could buy a cat-back system.

Last edited:

dylan94sierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
94 has one o2 sensor, if it's a v6, it'll be after the y-pipe. On a 350, it's on the driver side manifold. The previous owner probably just cut the back of the stock system off to make it louder. They all come stock with single exhaust. Dumping is when you stop the exhaust after the muffler(s) under the truck instead of running them out of the back or sides of the truck. You could buy a cat-back system.

Its a 350 so I wont have to worry about the o2 sensors. Ill probably just delete the cat and straight pipe it since its most likely the cheapest way to go and also have a good sound.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a 350 so I wont have to worry about the o2 sensors. Ill probably just delete the cat and straight pipe it since its most likely the cheapest way to go and also have a good sound.
Keep us posted on the install. I'd like to see what you do to yours, I'm thinking about redoing mine.