everything engages but no 4wd!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessezipper

Reaction score
ok so i have a 98 silverado, i recently purchased, PO tells me it has 2500 running gear, appears so ...

so all the fuses are good, the tcase engages , the accuator works, the cv joints are all flush againt the axle...

any clues what to check next??? we did have the accuator out of the axle and watched it funtion, we could put our hand over the part that extends in 2wd and when switched to 4hi, can keep it from extending..

please help!!

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
If you have it up on jackstands, and put it in 4x4, can you spin the driveshaft freely?

Also, is this pushbutton or lever?

jessezipper

Reaction score
push button, not on jack stands, in 2wd front driveshaft spins, 4hi , it doesnt spin

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You said the cv joints were flush against the axle. Did you check the passenger side axle to see if it slides in and out of the tube?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
push button, not on jack stands, in 2wd front driveshaft spins, 4hi , it doesnt spin

In that case you've narrowed your issue to the front diff, in 2wd, on jackstands, spin both tires and see what the driveshaft does.