escalade rack, light bar questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
few questions. looking for a light bar and only way i can think to mount it is the factory roof rack for my 2 door yukon, now i like the escalade ones alot but they have 3 mounting holes and ask anyone i wont drill holes into my truck so are there any dual mounting point escalade type racks? or can i add the escalade covers onto a stock style rack?

also id like a light bar, roof rack would be cool but overkill for now. i like the squared cage prerunner style ones. i figure somehow i can attach it to the roof rack but i should probably get that squared away first.

anyone have any insight into the roof rack idea? and once i get that igured out ill be on the lookout for one to purchase. and maybe a photoship may be handy if someones up to it let me know. thanks in advance guys.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
No, there weren't any 2 hole mounting style Escalade racks. Why would there be? All 4 door Tahoes and Yukons (includes Esky's and Denali's) were drilled the same in the roof for the racks, both normal style and Esky.

I think you have 2 options:

1. Drill holes in your roof.

2. Measure the distance between the roof rack holes you already have. Get an Esky rack. Cut the middle out enough that you are able to put the two ends back together so that the front and back mounting holes line up with the ones you already have. Of course you would need to get it welded back together, and you would also need to cut the "gasket" that goes underneath it, but I think it would be possible.

And no, you couldn't just add the side rails over your existing ones. These actually replace the roof rack, they have a separate sealing gasket for the roof, and they bolt directly to the roof. They're solid on the bottom too (the side rails). I can get pics of mine if you want, it's not on my truck yet.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
few questions. looking for a light bar and only way i can think to mount it is the factory roof rack for my 2 door yukon, now i like the escalade ones alot but they have 3 mounting holes and ask anyone i wont drill holes into my truck so are there any dual mounting point escalade type racks? or can i add the escalade covers onto a stock style rack?

also id like a light bar, roof rack would be cool but overkill for now. i like the squared cage prerunner style ones. i figure somehow i can attach it to the roof rack but i should probably get that squared away first.

anyone have any insight into the roof rack idea? and once i get that igured out ill be on the lookout for one to purchase. and maybe a photoship may be handy if someones up to it let me know. thanks in advance guys.

I'm looking for the same thing. I have quite a bit of 1" square tubing and some 16ga steel sheet metal in the garage so if i can't find exactly what I'm looking for, I'll make my own. Like you, I refuse to drill holes into my truck so whatever I go with will either have to use the original roof mount rails or mount to the cross rails. I'd love to have a safari rack that would have a led bar to the front and then have 2 lights on the rear and each side for camping. If I don't make/buy a safari rack, I'll just mount my lights to the front crossbar. This is the style of light I'm thinking of going with. http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-worklights/21-heavy-duty-off-road-led-light-bar-54w/1272/2947/?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=base&utm_content=ORB-54W18S-35&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseChild&gclid=CICEi7qA6rwCFUVo7AodgAIABw

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yes please ive never seen one so trying to figure how it mounts and all that is a shot in the dark i never had a rack on mine. welding it may be a possibility i didnt nkow they were metal. but on the other hand why wuoldnt they be.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
You could install an Escalade rack using just the front & rear mounting points... I never did put the screws in the center of mine. I'm pretty sure it would be too long for a 2 door, but the way they are assembled - I think it would be very easy to shorten the rails to fit.

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
welding it may be a possibility i didnt nkow they were metal. but on the other hand why wuoldnt they be.

Honestly, I don't know if they are metal or not either. I was referring to welding up my own bar or rack and then attaching it to the crossbars or side rails. If I were to attach it to the cross bars, I'd most likely use small U bolts like the ones on exhaust pipes, just smaller.

Depending on how tall the LED light bar is, you may be able to mount it between the front bar and the roof of the truck so that it doesn't increase the height of the truck any but still gives tons of light. The only downside to this option is the closer to the cab the lights are mounted, the larger the unlit area in front of the truck due to the cab blocking the light coming down immediately in front of the truck.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
looking at it if the rear two mounting locations would fit it could give me room to have the rest of the rack more forward towards the windshield and then use a more lower profile type light bar like bigandtall posted i say don yukons truck and i dont like how far back his lights are at all.