Engine will not start after upgrades**help**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali_high

Reaction score
With the new coil, I would make sure you have power going to the coil. A new coil won't send power to the distributor if it's not getting power to itself.

This might be frustrating, but another engine swap won't necessarily fix it. There's a reason why this engine isn't firing and it can be found with enough time and patience.

Thank you so much for your response! The coil is getting power.

Also have the tahoe computer i pulled the motor from. Swapped it out.. still nothing

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the coil is not getting a signal from the ICM, you'd probe the white wire at the connector to the ICM. It should have four wires:

Pink: voltage
Black with white stripe: ground
White with black stripe: signal to coil
White: signal from VCM, this is what you'll probe with the coil and ICM connectors all connected.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali_high

Reaction score
If the coil is not getting a signal from the ICM, you'd probe the white wire at the connector to the ICM. It should have four wires:

Pink: voltage
Black with white stripe: ground
White with black stripe: signal to coil
White: signal from VCM, this is what you'll probe with the coil and ICM connectors all connected.

We have already done this..still nothing

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oops, just saw where you posted the P0336 code. Fix that and it'll probably solve your issue since the VCM won't be able to signal the ICM. The VCM isn't seeing a signal from the Crank sensor.

Here's the diagnostics for a 1998 350, maybe it will help:

This link may be a more user-friendly test...

http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm/4.3L-5.0L-5.7L/how-to-test-the-crank-sensor-1