Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cflinch

Reaction score
I have a 96 k1500 with a 305 in it right now. I believe its matched to the m50 transmission. Im looking at swapping in a 350 that was built in 200 and need to know if it'll match with the transmission that's in the truck?

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bell housing to bell housing it is a direct swap. GM engineering has blessed us that way. L6, SBC, BBC, and even modern LS engines all use the same bell housing bolt pattern.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bell housing to bell housing it is a direct swap. GM engineering has blessed us that way. L6, SBC, BBC, and even modern LS engines all use the same bell housing bolt pattern.

With the exception of the extra bolt at the top of the bellhousing on LS engines. Not that it matters though, you can just leave that one out.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Hmm, I learned something new today! I didn't know the LS bellhousing had the extra bolt. Just another PITA to access under the cab lol