Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I put led turn signals and tail lights in my truck and am having issues. I put an EP29 flasher so they would work. When the dash lights are off and I turn on the left turn signal the dash lights flash with the turn signal and both tail lights flash too. When I turn on my dash lights the left turn signal on the dash is lit and will not work. I have no idea what is wrong, any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LED replacement bulbs in the taillights, or full-LED replacement lights that no longer use the stock sockets/bulb type?

If you did bulb replacements, the ones for the middle position (turn/brake) must be SRCK style. If you did not get these then stop before doing any more troubleshooting or thinking about it...and get the correct bulbs.

Next up, a lot of LED bulb replacements can cause problems like this, but usually not in GMT400's. Happens more with the cheapo ones.

Richard

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They fully replaced the factory lights, I think it's something wrong with the wiring in just the front left turn signal.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahhh, OK. So the rear ones are going to plug directly into the existing wiring harness. How do those front replacements hook up? Do you have to tap wires, or do they have bulb-base style adapters that plug into your existing sockets? If they tap in, obviously check your wiring choices, probably mixed up some wires. If they plug into socket adapters, check the polarity.

Richard

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have two bulb bases and two what appear to be ballasts hooked into the back of the light

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished taking the turn signal apart, turns out I plugged one side in wrong. As of now everything seems to be working

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
They fully replaced the factory lights, I think it's something wrong with the wiring in just the front left turn signal.

Hey, by any chance could you post a night pic of those lit up? I like the look of those and am looking for a lighted picture on the truck.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, by any chance could you post a night pic of those lit up? I like the look of those and am looking for a lighted picture on the truck.
I can get some tomorrow night, truck is tanken apart in our shed at the moment

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
That's cool. No rush. After this last rebuild my budget is crap until next fall.

Big Jon 95

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score