Electric fan set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Ditto. Also running the Flex-A-Lite 280 fan kit. The included VSC controller is nice, too. I'm actually thinking of converting my other e-fan equipped muscle machines to the same controller.

I recommend the kit. It's expensive, but it fits properly, has all the parts and pieces, and works well even with mods.

I have a TBI truck, so I had a CS130 alternator (not CS130D like the Vortec trucks) to begin with. It worked, but the headlights were mighty dim at stoplights and the voltage barely kept up. Didn't hurt the running at all, but I did upgrade alternator later since I had plans for more high-current accessories. Just something to keep in mind.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some research on the Flex A Lives, so came up with part number 35024. I'm assuming that is just the fans, Amazon has them for around $340, everywhere else they're more than $600 :jawdrop: I'm wondering if that part number included the bracket and wiring harness etc. The Flex A Lite site gave me that number to fit my application. If so can get the whole kit for the Amazon price I'm jumping on it.

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
35024 appears to be a 24 volt version.

280 is probably the kit you want ? listed for 473.00 on Amazon.

285 might be just the fan 12 volt

290 maybe fan and controller 12 volt

Just breezing through the catalog.

FWIW mine may have cost around 350.00 or so, bought em off ebay years ago from cascade plastics, think they had been a sister company of flex lite, selling returned/opened items.

Don't see them around anymore on ebay.

Maybe a call to flex lite could answer whether someone still sells their returned/open items for a discount.

Last edited:

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been thinking about do this on mine. What are you guys using to support the upper radiator hose after you remove the factory shroud.

chipskittles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been thinking about do this on mine. What are you guys using to support the upper radiator hose after you remove the factory shroud.
It should support itself, and with no fan blade in there to chop it up there's not much to worry about.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I modified my shroud and kept the upper portion. I can grab a pic later this afternoon if you want ...