EGR questions ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing the intake gasket the EGR tube broke and I'm contemplating not putting a new one in.
Can I just get plates to block it off or what all is needed for the delete?

98 k1500 with a 350 vortec

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
needs to be deleted from the ECM or you will get a CEL

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
go to the gear head forum and see if someone can burn you a chip to tell that thing not to operate. some guys will just set parameters out of scope so it never activates thus not throwing a code

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
go to the gear head forum and see if someone can burn you a chip to tell that thing not to operate. some guys will just set parameters out of scope so it never activates thus not throwing a code

Is all it is a light ? Because if that's the case, my check engine light has never worked anyways lol

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is all it is a light ? Because if that's the case, my check engine light has never worked anyways lol

Nope. If you don't have the EGR tuned out of the PCM when you remove it you'll be much more likely to have detonation/pinging issues which can cause serious damage. If you remove it, you'll definitely want to get it tuned out. Black Bear Performance or any of the other mail order tuners can handle this.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/egr-delete.34801/

Cheyenne

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. If you don't have the EGR tuned out of the PCM when you remove it you'll be much more likely to have detonation/pinging issues which can cause serious damage. If you remove it, you'll definitely want to get it tuned out. Black Bear Performance or any of the other mail order tuners can handle this.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/egr-delete.34801/

Ahh alright. I'll get a new line and have it tuned out when I get a tuner. Thanks

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh alright. I'll get a new line and have it tuned out when I get a tuner. Thanks
FYI, a hand held tuner will not tune out the EGR, or the the rear 02 sensors, or several other things

Last edited: