Egr delete.. chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I thought we were talking TBI for some reason. My blackbox and 411 on my Vortec both had an on/off, but IIRC there may have been MAP and RPM parameters as well. No 3D tables in EFILive though.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking about my tbi and i do not have any way to check myself chip in the computer has been modified.. and i guess this is the only real way to check if it was properly tuned.. at this point should i just send my computer and get it tuned i got headers cat delete egr delete shorter exhaust and a couple other things so i could put all that on the tune too? Since idk if the guy just did the mod and didnt touch the chip

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was talking about my tbi and i do not have any way to check myself chip in the computer has been modified.. and i guess this is the only real way to check if it was properly tuned.. at this point should i just send my computer and get it tuned i got headers cat delete egr delete shorter exhaust and a couple other things so i could put all that on the tune too? Since idk if the guy just did the mod and didnt touch the chip

Exhaust only mods can probably be compensated for by the program on a stock chip just fine. A true egr delete would require mods though. If you changed the cam or heads, then you could really benefit from a fully custom tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RanDmaN75

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, however my 1989 C1500 5.7L is throwing codes 32 and 43. 32 being EGR and 43 being a knock sensor. From what I’ve read here, I assume the 43 is due to my EGR being deleted and probably without a new chip to delete that function. Does anyone have any recommendations for a quality company to send me a custom chip or a way to program and burn my own custom chips?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve read here, I assume the 43 is due to my EGR being deleted and probably without a new chip to delete that function.
I think you may be confused, the 32 code is for EGR, 43 is for EST
https://www.freeautomechanic.com/diagnostictroblecodes5.html

Does anyone have any recommendations for a quality company to send me a custom chip or a way to program and burn my own custom chips?
Your 1227747 ECM has a 24 pin 2732A EPROM which requires UV light to erase and then it has to be "burned" with the new .bin, not a lot of folks can still do this. Dave W (Old School EFI) on Gearhead-EFI.com can do this.

Another route is to install a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket and convert it to a 28 pin
27SF512 flash chip (requires soldering). Then you can flash your own .bins with a Moates Burn2 and TunerPro RT software.

Here's a thread from Dave W showing how to do it.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?172-7747-Flash-Chip-Conversion-(27SF512)

Still another route to go is the EBL Flash-II which he converts your ECM to a much faster processor (8192 instead of 160 baud) and plugs right up to your ECM connectors (maybe need to move a pin and install 3 for comms).
https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

HTH:waytogo: