effed up or funny trailering stories?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just did this. And almost watch the guy lose the hole rig on the interstate
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me, or does that trailer look like it arches up over the axles, & sag at the ends? Just a bit too much weight for that!

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does that trailer look like it arches up over the axles, & sag at the ends? Just a bit too much weight for that!

Hell it might have. It's only a uhaul after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
first one I was towing a full four wheel hay wagon (7 ton bales and wagon) behind my 97 S10 ZR2 (last vehicle/wagon in the field) down a road with two steep down and up hills and coming back up out of the first little valley I'm halfway up the hill and it feels like the wagon locked up it's brakes even though it has none and I end up smoking the right rear tire the rest of the way up trying not to let the wagon come to a stop in the hill. So once I'm on level ground I pull over and immediately notice the wagon looks like it's leaning. On further inspection I notice the wagon has broken one of it's chassis uprights and slid off it's chassis landing on the right rear tire which was all that stopped the body from coming all the way off, an hour of jacking and using the tractor to shove it back into place to strap it back together had the wagon hooked on the tractor and rolling and me deciding not to use S10s for towing anymore than a quad trailer

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Second one me and my dad had the rig parked on the side of the road with the beaver tail on the lowboy down getting ready to load up the truck i just bought when some drunk comes racing up the road swerves at the last second and pulls a sad attempt of a dukes of hazzard stunt up the tail losing most of his buick's rocker panel on the trailer before getting lodged on his right rear tire so his right front and left rear tires are off the ground. after some pushing and making sure the lowboy was undamaged the guy took off and have heard nothing on it since, so we got a crazy show and he got a banged up car

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was hauling my buddies offroad Toyota 4 runner down an ice road. Had to really give 'er up the hills to make it and then use engine braking down the hills. So Im following another freind whos flat towing his Jeep behind his F250 when all of a sudden his brake lights come on and his truck goes right, the jeep buggers off into the ditch, he is basically sliding perpendicular to the road blocking the whole road.......I barely touched the brakes and we start going sideways, this was a huge tankslapper, I was dancing on the pedals and somehow with a lot of luck, kept the trailer from sucking us off into the ditch or sideswiping the truck. This was the scariest moment ive ever had, I was so busy trying to keep the rig straight I never noticed that the trailer was actually jacknifed at one point, my buddy said "holy **** man, I knew we were in trouble when I saw the Yota out of the side window. The reason my buddy had to brake, there was 2 inbreds who decided to stop and have a chat just beyond the crest of the hill.......only problem, instead of pulling over and parking behind one another, they decided to just park side by side so they wouldnt have to get out in the cold.