ECM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shinyrust

Reaction score
Has anyone done a swap with the 0411 and the newer ECM? I have a 95 k1500 and have a 0411 ECM. While at the junk yard I found a ECM out of a 03 tahoe with DBW. Since I have a DBW throttle body on a TBSS intake would it make sense to swap to that computer? Just grab a tac module and pedal? Or should I stay the course and get a cable actuated throttle body? Any input would be great.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know that it is even possible to make something newer than the 0411 run on of these trucks, and if it is I doubt anyone has tried it. Stick with the 0411.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
Has anyone done a swap with the 0411 and the newer ECM? I have a 95 k1500 and have a 0411 ECM. While at the junk yard I found a ECM out of a 03 tahoe with DBW. Since I have a DBW throttle body on a TBSS intake would it make sense to swap to that computer? Just grab a tac module and pedal? Or should I stay the course and get a cable actuated throttle body? Any input would be great.

It may have a IAC chip inside. especially in that year model. I have a LS book on just power train computers. I can check or you can remove the four screws on the housing. Pay attention not to touch the pins or it will possibly go FUBAR. then the four screws inside. and if you are holding the PCM with the pins up, look at the bottom left and the IAC chip is there. This chip recives signals from the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS). You can keep you Cruse and foot feed pedal. If it is not there then you need a TC and Pedal.

Shinyrust

Reaction score
So, if you had the option which route would you go? Is there any advantage? Again I have a 95 so it's not going to integrate into my chassis harness right?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Shinyrust

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the computer isn't the E38. It's still on a gen 3 motor, it just has DBW.

Fair

Reaction score
Gen 3 motor with DBW sounds like the GM E40 computer... it uses a 24 tooth reluctor like an earlier LS1 but a drive by tire throttle. It was used on the 2005 Corvette also, plus many trucks around that timeframe.

You must be registered for see images attach

My shop has used the E40 a couple of times when doing LS swaps. It works when you have a 24 tooth reluctor on the crank trigger but need a lower profile LS2 DBW throttle body. We did it on the FRS LS1 above as well as a Miata LS swap we did.

Shinyrust

Reaction score
Well, I bought a DBC throttle body. Going to use the 0411 pcm and modify the blue green wire harness to use as DBC. Had to do a bit of work but it still is cheaper then buying a harness.